We've tried to anticipate all the questions you may have as you consider joining the Killington team. Keep reading for important information you should know before you apply.
Appearance and Dress Code
- Killington’s Appearance/Dress Code has been established to present the image of friendly, service oriented staff that is committed to providing the guests with a rewarding vacation experience.
- Your appearance and behavior are an integral part of the success of our mission.
- Killington/Pico’s standards for casual professionalism are listed in our Appearance and Dress Code Policy.
Benefits & Perks
- Killington/Pico offers skiing and riding privileges for you and your eligible dependents (the extent of the privilege depends upon hours worked weekly).
- While Killington does not provide employee housing, the Human Resource office maintains a listing of available housing that has been shared with us. The listings are available for review in our office.
- Local newspapers are also a great resource for housing options. Check out The Rutland Herald, a daily publication for Rutland, Vt. and The Mountain Times, a weekly publication for Killington, Vt. for more information.
- Local real estate agencies may also have information about seasonal rentals as well.
- Killington welcomes international employees for our seasonal winter positions.
- People from all over the world have enjoyed their experience and gained valuable work place skills here at Killington.
- We believe our international staff contributes to our resort culture and to our community.
- The minimum age to be employed at Killington/Pico is 16. Some jobs have a minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- An in-person interview is required before any job offer can be made.
- We do not interview people over the phone or through the internet.
- After your application is received it will be reviewed by a Human Resources specialist.
- If you meet the minimum qualifications for the job, your information will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review.
- Once the manager has reviewed all applications, the best-qualified individuals will be contacted for interviews.
Schedules and Wages
- Due to the nature of our business, Killington is open every day.
- You must be prepared to work a schedule which may include Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Your starting pay will depend upon the position and the amount of previous experience you have.
- Overtime may be required and all hourly paid staff will receive time and a half for hours worked over 40 hours in one pay week.
- Regardless of the job you perform, your punctuality and attendance is essential to our operations.
- Generally speaking, Killington’s ski season begins mid-November and ends in mid-April, with most seasonal jobs ending late March.
- Estimated starting and ending dates that are posted with each job indicate the longest possible period of employment.
- Most staff will have shorter terms of employment.
- Dates are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 800-300-9095