This is a general listing of winter positions that are typically available at Killington Resort and Pico Mountain.
CHAIR LIFT & GONDOLA OPERATORS
- Operate the chair lifts and gondolas. Aid guests at the bottom and top. Perform opening and closing procedures. Must be 18.
FIRST TRACKS COACHES AGES 2-3
- Experience in children’s programs or child development classes at college level needed. Ski experience preferred, but not a must. Must be 18.
GROOMERS / SNOW SURFACES
- Groom trails and operate snow cats, primarily at night. Heavy equipment or farm operating experience preferred, knowledge of skiing/riding and ski slopes needed.
- Check snowmaking equipment (valves, water lines, etc.) and reposition snow guns on the mountain. Hours depend on the weather, but generally, the schedule is four (4) 12-hour shifts and 3 days off each week.
- Manage the flow of traffic at the beginning and end of the day.
SKI AND SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTORS
- To teach all levels of skiing and riding. PSIA or AASI certification a plus. Ability to teach children, adults, and beginners. Killington offers extensive training for our instructors. All we ask of you is that you're willing to teach, learn, and have fun.
ROAD MAINTENANCE/ SNOW REMOVAL OPERATORS
- Heavy equipment operation for snow removal from roads and parking lots. Must have a Class B CDL with airbrakes and 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Ski patrol duties include providing guest service, risk solutions and emergency first aid on the mountain. Advanced skiing/riding ability necessary; first aid (WFR, OEC, EMT) experience preferred.
- Check tickets, season passes, and scan passes at the lift line. Must be 18 years or older.
- Maintain our condominiums, base lodges, and offices, with some outdoor work (snow shoveling, etc.) as well.
- Reconcile monies received from sales around the resort. A strong math background is a must.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATES
- Work the cash registers in the ski shops, cafeterias, and rental shops.
CHILDREN’S CENTER CAREGIVERS AND DESK
- Attend to children enrolled in our Vermont State licensed facility. Must be 18 years old. Childcare experience preferred.
- Clean rooms (make beds, vacuum, etc.) in our condominiums and hotel.
RENTAL TECHNICIANS & CLERKS
- Fit and hand out ski and snowboard equipment. Strong customer service skills needed.
RESERVATIONS & FRONT DESK AGENTS
- Telephone work in making reservations for lodging, skiing, and transportation. Desk Agents process with check-in and other guest issues.
TICKET SELLERS & SEASON PASS CLERKS
- Sell day, multi-day lift tickets and ski package plans. Basic math and computer skills needed.
Food and Beverage Positions
FOOD SERVICE CAFETERIA WORKERS
- Work in food service areas serving food and restocking areas. Prepare food for various food facilities.
FOOD SERVICE CASHIERS
- Prior cash register experience helpful; excellent customer service skills required.
- Oversee base lodge food and beverage operation in on-mountain cafeteria.
- Assist with hiring, supervising, and training of staff.
- Supervise and assist as necessary with all operations, which may include: line set up and restocking; cooking and other food preparation; customer service; cleaning and neatening of cooking, service and dining areas; dishwashing; bartending; and the like.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Assume leadership of the cafeteria during the Manager’s absence.
- Check IDs and control traffic flow in and out of bar areas.
- Include short order, grill, and prep cooks in cafeterias and line cooks in specialty food areas.
- Sort, clean, and put away various dishes, pots, and pans in base lodge kitchens.
- Clear and clean tables in base lodge cafeterias, keep lodges in good appearance.
Serve food and cocktails in our restaurants and lounges. Dining room experience preferred. Must be 18 years or older.
Actual open positions will vary.