The Life is good NOR’BEASTER Festival brings live music to the mountain March 22 to help kids in need
February 12, 2014 (Killington,Vt.) – Life is good, the Boston-based lifestyle brand committed to spreading the power of optimism and helping kids in need, is bringing fresh powder and good vibes to the trails at Killington Resort with the Life is good NOR’BEASTER Festival on March 22. Ski bums of all ages and abilities will enjoy discounted tickets and free outdoor concerts from top musical talent – including Allen Stone, Assembly of Dust and Josh Panda and the Hot Damned – and can warm up with Life is good apparel and free samples of Life is good Coffee. Ten percent from each one-day lift ticket will go to helping kids in need.
“We’re bringing music, outdoor fun and community together for a great time and a great cause,” said Bert Jacobs, Chief Executive Optimist for Life is good. “We have a lot of exciting new events on tap in 2014, and hope you’ll join Life is good for our first one on the slopes of Killington and help kids in need while you Do What You Like. Like What You Do.”
Funds raised at the Life is good NOR’BEASTER Festival will go directly to The Life is good Kids Foundation to help kids in need. To date, Life is good has raised $11 million for The Life is good Kids Foundation, principally through Life is good products, festivals and community fundraising efforts. Life is good donates 10 percent of its net profits to help kids in need.
“Life is good was a natural fit as a partner for this year’s NOR’BEASTER Festival because of their enthusiasm and commitment to spreading the power of optimism, and the opportunity for Killington to support The Life is good Kids Foundation’s efforts to help kids in need,” says Mike Solimano, president of Killington Resort. “Together we will offer a totally unique experience for our guests centered around live music, unexpected events, and of course, world-class skiing and snowboarding."
Take it to the trails
The Life is good NOR’BEASTER Festival will offer activities on three Killington mountain areas on March 22:
- Bear Mountain: The free ride capital of the East with multiple levels of terrain parks, a Burton Stash Park and Outer Limits, the steepest, longest mogul trail in the East. Winter enthusiasts can jam out to performances from Allen Stone, Assembly of Dust and Josh Panda and the Hot Damned throughout the day.
- Snowshed: The place to start the day for those taking adult ski or snowboard lessons or looking for easier terrain. Families can enjoy music from Josh and the Jamtones and Andy the Music Man.
- K-1 Lodge: The place to experience more difficult and most difficult terrain with the quickest access to Killington Peak via the K-1 Express Gondola, the highest lift in Vermont.
All Killington Resort lodges will feature acoustic band performances all day Saturday, March 22. Those in for the long haul can swing by the official after party at the Wobbly Barn with a performance from BoomBox.
Lift tickets, lodging and fundraising
In addition to donating 10 percent from each one-day lift ticket the weekend of March 22-23, Killington Resort will also offer the following ticket discounts and donations:
- $59 for a one-day ticket (vs. $89)
- $5 from the purchase of each two-day pass goes to The Life is good Kids Foundation
- $5 from the purchase of each Spring Unlimited Pass goes to The Life is good Kids Foundation
Individuals can receive exclusive NOR’BEASTER Festival perks by setting up a personal fundraising page at Lifeisgood.fundraise.com/norbeaster. The first 100 people who raise $250 or more for The Life is good Kids Foundation will be rewarded with the following:
- Kick-off the NOR’BEASTER Festival weekend with Life is good Co-founders Bert and John Jacobs and Killington President Mike Solimano; Killington will open the mountain 30 minutes early for these fundraisers to get the first tracks of the day
- Free entrance to the Wobbly Barn after party (21+)
- Free exclusive NOR’BEASTER t-shirt
- Buy one/get one free lift ticket, available from March 24 – December 15, 2014
Fans can also receive incredible perks by entering a sweepstakes through the Life is good Facebook page. One lucky winner will receive the grand prize of four two-day lift tickets to Killington Ski Resort, a two-night stay at Pinnacle Condos, four tickets to the after party at the Wobbly Barn and four Life is good NOR’BEASTER tees. Five second place winners will receive two passes to the after party and two Life is good NOR’BEASTER tees.
Guests can book discounted vacation packages on lodging, lift tickets, day care, kids and adult lessons, specialty lessons, rental equipment, tubing, spa, snowmobile tours and Pico products by visiting: http://shop.killington.com/coris/vacationplanner/vacation.aspx?action=startres&adt=3/20/2014&days=3&=&pkgid=509&brid=1.
Life is good will be offering additional nationwide festival experiences that incorporate music and optimism and remind people to Do What You Like. Like What You Do. By taking its message on the road, Life is good hopes to reach, inspire and motivate many more optimists around the country throughout 2014 and raise funds for The Life is good Kids Foundation. Stay tuned for more details at Lifeisgood.com.
About Killington Resort
Killington Resort is a four season destination that sits on 3,000 acres in the heart of the Green Mountains in Central Vermont. The Resort boasts 92 miles of diverse snow sports terrain spread out over seven peaks including Pico Mountain and offers the most expansive lift network and snowmaking system in the East. After the snow melts, Killington features an 18-hole championship golf course as well as 45 miles of mountain biking trails and 15 miles of hiking trails. In addition, the numerous après, dining, and lodging options have made Killington a world-class destination for East Coast skiers and riders for 55 years. Killington.com #NorBeaster
About The Life is good Company
The Life is good Company spreads the power of optimism and donates 10 percent of its net profits to help kids in need. The company with a Positive Purpose has raised $11 million for kids in need to date, principally through Life is good products, the annual Life is good Festival, and community fundraising efforts. Please visit Lifeisgood.com for more details and spread optimism with #PositivePurpose. Life is good® is a registered trademark of The Life is good Company.