NOR'BEASTER :: Spring Operations Outlook
Posted by The Beast on March 31, 2016
The calendar says it’s spring and the Longest Season in the East rolls on. So smear some zinc on your nose and get ready to play outside.
Time for your 2016 NOR’BEASTER outlook.
Five straight weekends of events means you better grab a Spring Pass - hopefully you’ve been working on your endurance!
April 9: Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge, Highline
April 16: Pond Skimming, K-1 Base Area
April 23: Dazed & Defrosted Music Fest & Season Pass Holder Party, K-1 Base Area
May 1: May Day Fun Slalom, Superstar
What’s your closing date? Is Outer Limits staying open forever?
Here’s your TERRAIN PLAN BY BASE AREA, subject to change based on weather.
For details like groomed trails or park features, check out the Conditions Report.
- With extra snowmaking depth coating the Canyon and upper mountain we plan to keep spinning K-1 base area lifts for the forseeable future.
- Mouse Run terrain park has closed for the season, but it is open as a ski and snowboard trail.
- As the season stretches toward summer, you can count on the Conditions Report for the latest intel. We'll ski and ride on Superstar until there's walking required - hopefully well into May.
- Snowshed Express Quad is open with a scheduled closing set for Wednesday, April 6.
- Snowshed Lodge open with all services daily through Sunday, April 3, open with restrooms only through April 6.
- Snowshed is currently isolated with shuttle connection to and from K-1 Base Lodge.
- Closed for the season.
Our award-winning Snow Sports School is still coaching daily into April - come learn on soft snow under warm sunshine!
- All group lesson programs available through Sunday, April 3.
- Private lessons will be available from K-1 Guest Services April 4 – 10; no lesson programs available as of April 11.
- Childcare Center at Ramshead open daily through Sunday, April 10.
Spring has arrived. See you on the hill!