Spartan Weekend 101 :: 2017
Posted by The Beast on September 14, 2017
Getting through this year’s Spartan course may be challenging, but getting around the resort doesn’t have to be. If you need help finding where to go or how to get there, take a look through this guide.
Paid parking ($10 cars, $20 vans and $50 Busses/RVs) is available at the K-1, Vale, Ramshead & Upper Snowshed lots daily for Spartan attendees. All parking fees are cash-only. If you reserved VIP Parking, be ready to show the digital parking pass that was emailed to you.
Free shuttles run between Snowshed, Ramshead and K-1 6:30 a.m. – 12 a.m. Saturday and 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. Sunday. Bus stops are located at the courtyard entrance of Snowshed, Ramshead next to Killington Road and below the stairs to the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar at K-1. There is no free shuttle service for the Ultra Beast at 6 a.m. on Saturday.
If you need to make it farther down the mountain, The Bus runs hourly between the resort and the city of Rutland. There is no charge to be picked up from the resort, but cash fare is $2 per person if picked up elsewhere. Visit thebus.com/diamond-express-route for a full schedule.
Restrooms are avaialble at K-1 Festival Village, K-1 Lodge, Snowshed Lodge and the Grand Hotel.
Smoking is not permitted in the K-1 Festival Village. Designated smoking areas are available at K-1 and Snowshed lodges and the Grand Hotel.
ATM's are available at the K-1 Festival Village, K-1 Lodge, Snowshed Lodge and Grand Hotel.
Killington Sports Retail is open at K-1 Lodge and Snowshed Lodge. Spartan merchandise is available in the K-1 Festival Village.
Ultra Beast 6 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Beast 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Kids 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sprint 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Beast 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Kids 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Spectators must purchase Spartan Spectator Tickets for $20 if purchased online in advance or $25 cash only on-site.
FESTIVAL VILLAGE AT K-1
The Spartan festival village offers views of six course obstacles, as well as the start and finish line. Also features hot food, live entertainment, raffles and spectator challenges.
Some of the best views of the race and the mountains themselves. Spectator viewing is located near the Peak Lodge.
Gondola rides are free for all spectators, with a Spartan spectator pass and Spartan athletes. The Gondola operates 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Last ride up is 30 minutes prior to closing. Hiking and mountain biking from the peak are not permitted Spartan weekend.
Watch athletes tackle four features, including Snowshed Pond obstacles, from the Snowshed parking lot, Snowshed bridge or Snowshed Umbrella Bar. Enjoy great viewing opportunities and the Adventure Center together.
ADVENTURE CENTER & MOUNTAIN BIKING
The Snowshed Adventure Center and Bike Park will be open Sat & Sun 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Spartan spectators and athletes receive 20% off Adventure Center one day passes, present your wristband at ticket sales center. Paintball, laser tag, Snowshed pond water activities, & ATV/UTV Tours will not be available. Mountain biking is limited to terrain services by the Snowshed Express Quad only. Bike Park lift and trail tickets are $29 for adults and $25 for youth; lift and trail with rental packages are $129 for adults and $89 for youth.
Chris Pallutto Trio will be performing from 6pm to 9pm on Saturday at K-1’s Mahogany Ridge Bar.
CHILDCARE & SPA
Leave your little beasts in our care while you race. Our state-licensed and fully-equipped Ramshead Day Care facility is open 9am to 4pm daily. Extended hours are available until 7pm at $20 per hour. Call (802) 422-6222 for reservations and additional information. All Spartan Race participants receive 20% off day care. The Killington Grand Spa is open by appointment all weekend. Call (802) 422-1050 to book your spa service.
- K-1 Cafe is open 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sunday. Breakfast begins one hour after opening.
- Mahogany Ridge Bar serves drinks 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sunday.
- Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar serves drinks and an outdoor BBQ 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Friday. Drink service will be available 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and an outdoor BBQ will be available 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Farm to table Food Court and Bar serve 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Gondola rides are free for spectators and athletes.
- Snowshed Food Court serves 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Snowshed Umbrella Bar serves drinks starting at 2 p.m. Friday and 12 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Grand Cafe serves Starbucks coffee and grab-and-go meals 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Preston’s serves breakfast 6 a.m. - 11 a.m. daily; dinner 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. and drinks 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. nightly.
- A range of vendors will be selling food and drink inside the Spartan Festival Village at K-1. Outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed within the village. Open Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.