Snow You Can Count On
Snowmaking is what we do best and we take pride in offering our guests a quality snow surface every day of the season here at Killington Resort.
Facts and Figures
With the K-1 Lodge situated at 2,500 feet above sea level and Killington Peak reaching 4,241 feet, our elevation advantage equals more natural snow and optimal temperatures and conditions to produce our machine-made snow.
- To compliment Mother Nature's average of 250 inches of natural snow each winter, our snowmaking system covers 600 of our skiable acres - that's more acres than some eastern resorts have in total skiable terrain.
- When conditions are at their best, in an hours time, Killington's snowmaking system pumps more than 720,000 gallons of water to 240 snow guns, covering 80 acres with 12 inches of fresh snow.
- Our snowmaking system features 88 miles of pipe, 1,700 snow guns (including more than 500 Low Energy guns), and a virtually endless supply of water to produce machine-made snow.
- Killington's 17 snowcats -- including three winch cats for grooming steeper slopes -- groom more than 40 miles of terrain on a nightly basis so we can offer our guests a consistent top-to-bottom surface every day of the season.
Killington's snowmaking capacity and grooming allow us to apply an enormous amount of resources to any extreme winter weather condition Mother Nature throws at us. What that means for you is a dependable and consistent snow surface every morning, despite what the weather conditions were the previous night.
Our Snow Guarantee
Killington’s unique elevation advantage translates to over 250 inches of natural snowfall every season and an optimal environment for machine-made snow. Add our powerful snowmaking system and an armada of groomers and you’ve got a recipe for great snow surfaces.
But, if you’re not satisfied with our conditions, we’ve got you covered! Just bring your ticket to any Guest Service desk or ticket window and exchange it for a return visit voucher.
- Tickets purchased on site from any window before 12:00 p.m. may be exchanged within one hour of purchase.
- Multi-day, direct-to-lift (including Express Cards) and pre-purchased tickets may be exchanged for a voucher up to 10:00 a.m. on each day they are valid.
- Complimentary tickets, season passes and Blackout Season Pass floater days are not eligible.
- During early and late season, when ticket rates are reduced, the snow guarantee voucher will be a dollar value lift ticket credit based on the one-day lift ticket price.
- Vouchers are valid any day for one calendar year; they are non-transferable, non-refundable, carry no cash value and cannot be extended beyond the original expiration date.