Bud Light Ski Bum Race Series
Local teams of skiers, snowboarders and telemark skiers race down Highline in pursuit of Ski Bum Glory. Each competition is followed by a party sponsored by Bud Light. The race and party are not open to the general public - thanks for your understanding.
10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
This event is open to skiers and snowboarders 21 years of age and older. The seasonal entry fee is $200 for a team of five participants or $45 for an individual racer. Individuals may register in one of the following categories:
- Skier "A" (Experienced Racer) - Male or Female
- Skier "B" (Novice Racer) - Male or Female
- Snowboarder "A" - Male or Female
- Snowboarder "B" - Male or Female
- Telemark - Classified as "Skier B" with all rules applicable.
Participants may register any time before December 19, 2012, at Killington Ski Club. All participants must complete an Express Assumption of Risk form. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Each participant must wear a properly fastened snow sports helmet during all event practice/inspection and competition.
- Scope it out. Make a habit of course/venue inspection before every event.
- Know your limits (skill and ability levels) and stay within them. This isn’t the time to try something you’ve never done before.
|12/12/12||Race #1||Killington Sports||Domenic's Pizza|
|12/19/12||Race #2||Peak Performance||Casey's Caboose|
|1/2/13||Race #3||First Stop Ski Shop and Board Barn||Santa Fe|
|1/9/13||Race #4||Killington Sports||Sushi Yoshi|
|1/16/13||Race #5||Killington Sports||The Foundry|
|1/23/13||Race #6||Killington Sports||Jax Food and Games||**Race #6 has been rescheduled.|
|1/30/13||Race #7||Killington Sports||Slopeside Grille|
|2/6/13||Race #8||Roots Ski Shop||Baja Burrito||**Race #8 has been rescheduled.|
|2/13/13||Race #9||Killington Sports||Moguls|
|2/27/13||Race #10||Killington Sports||Inn at Long Trail|
|3/06/13||Killington Sports||Charity's Saloon||**Make-up date; double race|
|3/13/13||Roots Ski Shop||Baja Burrito||**Make-up date|
|3/20/13||Race #11||Basin Sports||Lookout Tavern|
|3/27/13||Qualifiers/Finals||Killington Sports||Wobbly Barn|
All dates are subject to change.
All parties start at 4:00 p.m. and are open only to racers. Each racer will be given a Ski Bum card to be used to get food at each after party. There will also be drink specials from Bud Light at each event. Video from the day's runs will be played throughout the party. Check the above schedule for location information.
The results and standings from each week's race will be posted here for bragging rights.
RACE #8 (DOUBLE RACE WEEK)
- Minimum age for enrollment and participation is 21 years.
- All participants must wear a properly fastened snowsport helmet during all event training/practice/inspection and competition.
- The team/individual entry fee must be paid in full when registering before any participant will be allowed to race. Make checks payable to “KMS.” NO RUNS ALLOWED UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.
- Teams may be made up of any combination of categories. Teams will consist of a maximum of five (5) people. A Team Captain must be appointed and requests for changes to the team may only be made to the event organizer by the Team Captain.
- Racers may compete as both a skier and a snowboarder but can only join one team. Second type may only qualify in the individual category.
- Individuals will be accepted and placed on a team.
- Names must be legal names of registrants. No aliases or nicknames will be accepted. Legal signatures must appear next to listed team members and all registrants must sign Express Assumption of Risk forms.
- No changes will be made to a registration form following the second race of the Bud Light Ski Bum Race Series.
- All races will be modified Giant Slalom/traditional Giant Slalom courses except one week the race will be run on a Dual Slalom course.
- No second runs will be allowed until after 1:00 p.m.
- The top 50 racers in each category will receive points assigned in reverse order each week; for example, first place receives 50 points; 50th place receives one point.
- A racer’s category may be adjusted based on results. If a racer wins three (3) races in a category by two seconds or more, a category change will be made.
- Ties will be broken by top 5 finishes, then top 6 if needed, etc.
- Year-end standings will be based on an individual’s top six finishes.
After Party Sponsors
|The Foundry||Jax Food and Games||Santa Fe Steakhouse||Wobbly Barn|
|McGrath's Irish Pub||Domenic's Pizza||Sushi Yoshi||Lookout Tavern|
|Moguls||Casey's Caboose||Baja Burrito||Slopeside Grille|
|Peak Performance||Killington Sports||First Stop Ski Shop|
|Basin Sports||Roots Ski Shop|