Helly Hansen Big Mountain Battle
Experience the fun and excitement of an adventure, on the mountain you thought you already knew, with one of your friends. We want to take you to corners of the mountain you may not have been to for years, send you hiking up a climb you would have never thought to do, and go searching in the woods for a checkpoint, all while getting tracked in real time by GPS. The winning team of the Advanced Course will win Helly Hansen gear and be invited to participate in the Helly Hansen Battle Finals!
Saturday, March 1, 2014
K1 Lodge and Resort Wide
This is a team-based event, which is open to all ages and skier/rider skill levels and allows exploration of the entire mountain. Each team of two must cover all the checkpoints, lifts, runs and hikes around the mountain in a 3 hour time period. Every team will be given a course map and team card and you will be tracked by Flaik GPS.
The top three teams with the best times to complete all checkpoints, runs and hill climbs will receive awards, but the top team will win the biggest prize of all - $2,000 worth of Helly Hansen gear of their choice and an invitation to participate in the Battle in the Bowls finals at Aspen/Snowmass.
Registration is $90 per team of two and includes two pieces of Helly Hansen base layers. Due to the location of the event, competitors will be required to have a season pass/lift ticket in order to compete. However, $59 discounted lift tickets will be available for competitors to purchase.
All participants of Helly Hansen Big Mountain Battle must fill out an Express Assumption of Risk form. If you are under 18, you will need a parent/guardian to sign your form.
There are three different categories available for participation:
- Advanced Course - This is an open category for the full course
- Intermediate Course - This course will be shorter than the Advanced course. The intermediate course will feature a smaller hike, a couple less runs, fewer lift rides and less checkpoints to get than the advanced course.
- Intermediate Course, ages 12 and Under - This category will need to have at least one member of the team be age 12 or under. This is perfect for a parent/child team.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR A PROPERLY FASTENED SNOW SPORTS HELMET AND MUST HAVE IT AT REGISTRATION!
- Each team must complete the laid out course within the 3-hour time limit
- The course consists of hikes, designated chair lifts, designated runs and finding checkpoints throughout the mountain
- Both Team members MUST stay together at all times
- Both Team members MUST come within a ski pole length to all checkpoints
- All Mountain Staff that participate should NOT be wearing their uniform and may NOT use any other lift line than general public and singles line
- Teams need to obtain everything on their Team Card (in any order) and get to the finish line as soon as they're done
- If your team has not gotten everything and time has run out (it is 1pm) please just get to the finish line right away
- Do NOT go to the awards area without going to the finish line first to hand in your Flaik GPS device
- Teams have the option of going anywhere once the race starts.
- Teams will use regular lift lines (they may split up to take the singles line), standard lift line rules and courtesy apply
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT THE RACER MEETING NO LATER THAN 15 MINUTES PRIOR RACE START!