Opening Weekend 2013-14
What to Expect Early Season at Killington Resort
Killington Resort will open for Season Pass and Express Card holders for an exclusive day of early season skiing and riding on Friday, October 25. We anticipate opening to the public for skiing and riding on Saturday, October 26.
Conditions and Lift Service
- Early season conditions will exist. Skiing and riding will be on advanced terrain only, providing roughly 600 vertical feet of terrain.
- Snowmaking may be in progress throughout the day.
- No easier terrain will be available at this time.
- The K-1 Express Gondola will provide uploading and downloading. Skiers and riders will use the Peak Walkway to return to the K-1 Express Gondola and download back to the base area.
- The K-1 Express Gondola will be open for non-skiers and riders for round trip scenic rides for $10 per person.
- We will have some park features available beginning on Saturday (sorry, no features Friday)
- Our crews will re-evaluate the conditions Sunday afternoon and determine the operating schedule for the following week. Check www.killington.com/conditions for latest updates.
- The K-1 Lodge will be open for tickets, guest service and restrooms.
- The K-1 Café will be open for food and drinks.
- Mahogany Ridge will be open daily, plus enjoy the Joey Leone Duo Saturday from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- The Dog Sled located at the base of the North Ridge Triple Chair serving specialty hot dogs, snacks, and beverages including beer will be open daily until we are open for top to bottom skiing and riding.
- Killington Sports at K-1 Lodge will be open 8:30 a.m-4:00 p.m. daily. Killington Sports Route 4 will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily.
Details for Opening Weekend
Friday, October 25, 2013 – Season Pass & Express Card Holders Only
- This is an exclusive appreciation day for our loyal Killington Season Pass and Express Card holders.
- If you haven’t signed your acceptance of risks agreement yet, we’ll have them at the K-1 loading area to sign off on.
- 4.0 The College Passes purchased at another resort need to be picked up at that resort prior to skiing or riding here at Killington.
- Kids 6 and under will receive a Kids Ski Free ticket only if accompanied by a season pass holder.
- No other passes, tickets, vouchers or reciprocal discounts will be accepted.
- Join us at K-1 Café for a complimentary Season Pass/Express Card holder lunch to kick off the season.
- Just show your pass and get a free hamburger, chicken sandwich or hot dog and fountain drink.
- Lift Hours will be 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (for uphill loading)
- If you have not bought your Killington Season Pass or Killington Express Card yet, you can do so on Friday at the Snowshed Sales Center or K-1 Guest Services. These locations will be open one hour prior to lift opening each day.
- Express Card holders will be charged $25 for all ages on Friday, October 25, unless you purchased your express card prior to October 17, 2013 in which case your first day is on us.
- The K-1 Rental Shop will be closed for the day
- Please note the Peak Walkway must be used to access Rime from Killington Peak, as Great Northern from the top of the K-1 Express Gondola will not be open until Saturday.
Saturday & Sunday, October 26-27, 2013 – Open to the Public
- Open to the public
- Lift Hours will be 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (for uphill loading)
- Lift ticket rates will be $49 for adults (19-64), $38 for Youths (7-18) and $42 for Seniors (65-79).
- Express card holders will receive 25% off window rate for the weekend and 50% off midweek.
- Present a 2012/13 or 2013/14 season pass or lift ticket from any other mountain and receive 20% off the 1-day ticket rate. This offer is valid through December 15, 2013.
- The K-1 Rental Shop will be open 30 minutes prior to and after lifts close.